Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Besotted with Brocade Blue!


Well, after a bit of an (unintentional) break from challenges, happily this week I have been able to play again & seem to be a bit taken with SU's Brocade Blue!

Makeesha has set a great sketch challenge (& you can play along here). Keesh & the Inkspirations DT have provided awesome inspiration pieces & all the challenge entries are beautiful, so make sure you go check them out!


I loved the sketch so much I have made two cards & I know it is a design that I will use again (& again)....  Thanks Keesh!  :)

Here is my first effort:-


This little plane is sooo cute!  I have stamped the plane & then covered the fuselage with crystal effects to give it lots of glossy shine.  I have used a glaze pen on the propellor, wheel, windscreen frame & controls for a light shine  The plane is fussy cut & popped up on high dimensionals & the banner is popped up on slightly lower dimensionals.  I also added a small, punched star to the tail which was coated with crystal effects.



The clouds on the circular background were created by punching a scalloped circle from scrap paper & then chalking around the top edge using SU Pastels & repeating the process, moving upwards on the panel.  The panel is mounted & then the whole piece is layered onto the card with dimensionals.  I also added crystal effects to the dots on the blue strip.

The silver star shaped studs are from my sewing supplies from way back when my sewing machine was used for material & not paper! (lol)

My second card also features Brocade Blue:-


I was lucky to get to use the Asian Artistry hostess set at Jenni's recently, using markers to colour the irises.  I have added a small, silver dragonfly brad that I have had for ages & then popped up the mounted circular panel on dimensionals.

I have added the sentiment to the side, popped up & layered onto grosgrain & then satin ribbon.  The rhinestones have been layered onto tiny buttons that were a perfect colour match!  :)

Here's a close-up of the little dragonfly:-


Well, that's all from me. All the supplies used are listed below.

Card Components
Cardstock:  SU Brocade Blue, Riding Hood Red, Whisper White
DSP:  Hostess 6x6 DSP Pad (Brocade Blue), Haiku (Old Olive)
Stamps:  PTI Up & Away (Plane & Banner), SU Asian Artistry (Irises), SU Teen Tiny Sentiments (Just For You)
Inks/Markers:  Brocade Blue, Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red, Old Olive
Other:  Crystal Effects, Glaze Pen, Dimensional Adhesives, SU Stampin Pastels (Chalks), Star Brads, Dragonfly Brad, Mini Buttons, Rhinestones, Grosgrain Ribbon, Satin Ribbon, Mini Star Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, CM Cutting System