Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Inkspirations #40 - Cupcakes


Hi, this week Makeesha has set a colour challenge using Rose Red, So Saffron, Basic Grey & Whisper White.  You can see all the DT's inspiration pieces & join in the fun here

This is my DL sized card:-


I have used the new SU Level 3 Hostess Set called Playful Pieces for the cupcakes. 

I stamped the icing tops, then to make cutting them out easier, I punched them out with a circle punch & then trimmed the bottom scalloped edge with scissors:-

 
To make the pink patty pan I used the stamp kissing method & then added yellow to the flowers with a blender pen. 


When I stamped the yellow patty pans with the kissing method, I found they were way too light!  Instead I stamped the patterned rectangle, then I flipped the cardstock over & stamped the patty pan image.  Then I cut out the shape with scissors, flipped it back over & had a perfect patterned patty pan.  The patty pans have all been glazed & mounted to the card with dimensionals.  


I adhered the buttons (threaded with cardstock) & the pink heart (which is the head of a dressmaking pin) to the cupcake tops with crystal effects.  Then the tops were glittered & added to the cupcakes using dimensionals.

Card Components
Cardstock:  Rose Red, So Saffron, Basic Grey, Whisper White
Stamp Sets:  SU Playful Pieces, Something Sweet
Inks:  Purely Pomegranate (sorry, don't have any Rose Red), So Saffron
Other:  Dazzling Diamonds, Crystal Effects, Buttons, Pinhead (heart), Grosgrain Ribbon, Hodgepodge Hardware (button buckle), Dimensionals, Clear Glaze Pen