Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Inkspirations #43 - When is an owl not an owl?


Why, when it's a penguin of course!!!!

I've been waiting patiently to get my hands onto the wonderful new SU Owl Punch, having seen sooo many cute & lovely creations made with him out in blogland.

So what did I do to the first one I punched?  I chopped his "ears" off (they are not really ears if you are wondering, they are just feathers!)  I switched his claws for webbed feet, re-curved the top of his tummy & then gave him some wings/front flippers.  I liked this little fellow so much that I made a whole family to add to my challenge card this week:-



Here is the challenge sketch:-


You can check out the Design Team's inspiration pieces & play along HERE at Keesh's blog.

I quite like my family in our penguin personas (we look a tad "Brady Bunch")!  lol

The sentiment is from the new Perfect Punches set from SU & I have punched & layered it in three separate layers, all on dimensionals.  The striped panel has also been raised on dimensionals, as have all the penguins.


I'm sure you will find more penguins on my blog in the future, so next time I will take some "during construction" shots, so you can see the alterations I have made.

Card Components
Cardstock:  Marina Mist, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White
DSP:  Retired from last year ?
Stamp Sets:  Perfect Punches
Inks:  Marina Mist, Pumpkin Pie
Other:  SU Two Step Owl Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, 1.1/8" Circle Punch, 1.3/8" Circle Punch, Small Flower Punch, Large Oval Punch, Scallop Edge Punch, Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals