Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

Inkspirations Challenge #68 - A Baby Card

Hello stampers, this week Keesh has a lovely pastel palette for you to work with:-


As soon as I saw these colours, I thought they would be perfect for a baby card for someone very special who is expecting!  :)  (Check out how fantastic a very pregnant Keesh looks here.)

Keesh has been a huge inspiration to many crafters & one of her signature techniques is stitching on cards.  I have done a bit of straight stitching before, but this time I rustled up the courage & went for the zigzag stitching & here is the result:-


I used the SU background stamp "Dot, Dot, Dot", which I stamped in the three colours & then punched out 1.1/4" squares which I stitched to the blue panel to form a "quilt".  This has been layered onto a pink mat & then onto a white scalloped square card which I die-cut on my Robo.

I fussy cut one of the elephants from the "Baby Steps" stamp, lifted it onto dimensionals & added a little heart to it's butt, as well as layering his/her dotty ear on a dimensional as well.


A tiny tag has been added to the organza ribbon to finish the card.  Hope Baby Byl likes his/her card!  :)

Make sure you check out all the gorgeous creations from the rest of the Team & we would love to have you play along:-
Inkspirations Challenges Site Makeesha Brandi Carrie Cindy Helen Ilina Kirsty Lee-Anne Marisa Renée