Pages

Friday, May 20, 2011

Inkspirations Challenge #70 - Selective Vintage

This week's challenge at Inkspirations has lovely soft colours.  Check these out:-


I decided to go a bit "vintage" with these colours:-


Here are some close ups:-



I only needed to have a small section of the card front embossed, so I got a little "selective".  First I worked out how big an area I wanted to emboss (adding a slight margin which would be covered by the surrounding panels).  I then created a substitute for my top Big Shot clear embossing plate - this was a stack of cardstock cut to the required size (I used 8 layers glued together, but your embossing machine may need more or less).

Here is the stack - it is the same thickness as my clear plate:-


I placed my open card blank inside the embossing folder (the lumpy, bumpy side of the folder is at the bottom).  I lined the top edge of the pattern in the folder up with the fold line on my card.  I then taped the cardstock "plate" in place, where I wanted the pattern to emboss.

I fed it into the Big Shot in the following recipe (bottom to top):-

MP Platform open at Tab 1
Clear Plate
Embossing Folder (lumpy side at bottom) & Cardstock
Cardstock "Plate"

This is what it looked like:- 


Voila!  Embossing in a selected area only:-


The inside got a little vintage too & the envelope got a sprinkling of buttons:-


To stamp the buttons, I punched a dimensional out, using the Itty Punch Pack Circle & attached it to a round Itty Bitty Button which I then adhered to a clear mounting block.  I used this as my "stamp".

For more inspiration on how to use this awesome colour mix, go check out the rest of the team at Inkspirations.  Hope you can play along with us this week:-






The Challenge Site

Brandi
Carrie
Helen
Ilina
Lee-Anne
Marisa
 

Card Components: (All SU except as noted)
Cardstock:  Sahara Sand, Blushing Bride, Very Vanilla, Perfect Plum
DSP:  Hostess 6x6 InColor Pad
Stamps:  Sew Suite, Tiny Tags, Priceless, A Word for You, Very Vintage Wheel
Inks: Sahara Sand, Blushing Bride, Perfect Plum
Other:  Jewellery Tag Punch, Itty Punch Pack, 3/4" Circle Punch, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Finial Press Embossing Folder, Top Note Die, Basic Pearls, Dimensionals, Itty Bitty Buttons, Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon, Crystal Effects, Mat Pack & Piercing Tool, Sponges
Non SU:  Clear Glaze Pen (mannequin stand), Dimensional Tape (under measuring tape)