Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

JAI #91 Colour Challenge

Hello, it's the Cup weekend here in Melbourne & I have taken the opportunity to play along in this week's JAI Challenge.  Every week the awesome Design Team come up with a fantastic challenge & beautiful samples to inspire.  It's been sooooo long since I have joined in that I decided to do two entries with these challenge colours:-


Here's my first entry, using white as my neutral:-


This is a "10 minute" card (that blew out to 15 minutes when I decided to add the Cherry mat).  I have stamped with an acrylic block to get the soft pink square.  Then I stamped the butterfly, daisy & sentiment in one hit using Cherry Cobbler.  I used Blushing Bride ink & a blender pen, to add some extra colour to the butterfly & bloom.  Then I border punched each panel, added the ribbon & adhered the completed panel to the card base with dimensionals.  Quick & easy!

For my second entry, I decided to try something very unusual (nobody else has tried it yet), & use BLACK as my neutral:-


Totally different look!  Now there is not even a skerrick of white or vanilla on this card, I even used BB for the sentiment panel.  I inked my embossing folder with BB too, to get the subtle colour variation in the striped panel.  Before removing my pearls from the adhesive liner, I coloured them with a permanent black marker (a CD marker) to keep in with the one colour neutral theme.

Thanks for the inspiration JAI!

If you would like any details on these cards, please drop me an email.  You can find a tutorial on how to create my poppy here.  :)

ETA:  Look what the lovely ladies at JAI have given me:-


Thank you.  :)