Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

RetroSketches #6 - A Gorjuss Girl!

This week's sketch at Retrosketches is a lovely layout that can be interpreted many ways.  I've gone for really clean & simple, after having created a couple of rather fussy, frilly cards recently.

Here's my card:-

(You can click on the images for a larger view)

& this is the sketch:-


To keep the focus on the coloured image, I've embossed a strip in the white panel & have extended it beyond the square, using a border punch to finish off the faux "banner".  Here's a close up:-


Many thanks to Bronwyn Eastley (*waving madly*) at addINKtive designs for the "Gorjuss Girl" image, which I stamped when I visited Bron in Tassie, earlier in the year.  The image has been coloured with Prismacolor pencils, blended with Gamsol, then fussy cut & popped up on dimensionals.  I've added glitter pen to the flower centres & clear glazed the toadstool.  The chocolate layer has also been raised on dimensionals.

I didn't have the sentiment I was after in my stash, so this one has been computer generated.  :)

Card Components  (SU except as noted)
Cardstock:  Island Indigo, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Stamp:  Gorjuss Girl (not sure of her name)
Other:  Pinking Hearts Border Punch, Dimensionals
Non SU:  Watercolour Paper, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Glitter Pen, White Gel Pen, Clear Glaze Pen, Joyful Juliana Font