Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Vellum Brayered Balloons

Hithere!  This week I have a challenge card for both CASE-ing the Catty & Stamping Up Only:-


This week CASE-ing the Catty are exploring the "Thanks" section of the SU Annual Catty (Pages 144-153).  My layout was inspired by the tag in the centre of page 155.  The strong lines created by the flower stems & the vertical placement of the sentiment really caught my attention.

Stampin' Up! Only are featuring creations with Embellishments which you can find in the SU Annual Catalogue Pages 206-209.  Seeing as I have used baker's twine as a prominent design component & the sentiment is punctuated by little rhinestones, I thought this card fitted the criteria nicely. 


I wanted to create balloons with a transluscent quality, so I used vellum cardstock, which I brayered with the inks.  I brayered the Coastal Cabana on both sides of the sheet, to give it the same depth of colour as the black & curry.  I embossed my balloons with the Perfect Polka Dots folder for two reasons, firstly, because polkadot balloons are my absolute favourite and, secondly, the polkadots gave me some "cover" to hide my adhesive.  I used small, rolled up pieces of sticky dot placed strategically underneath a few polkadots on each balloon.  I love how you can still see the neck & the bow of the black balloon, even though it is covered by the curry balloon.  They're just like the real thing!  :)

You can play along in these challenges, & see what the Design Teams & challenge players have created by simply clicking on the respective graphic:-


Thanks for stopping by!  :)

Edited 18/9/14 to Add
Oops!  I realised today that I had skipped ahead one page too far for the CASE-ing the Catty challenge & ended up in the section after "Thanks", so I have created a new entry here.  Sorry about that!  :)

Card Components
All Stampin' Up!
Basic Black, Whisper White, Coastal Cabana & Crushed Curry cardstock, Basic Black, Coastal Cabana & Crushed Curry markers & inkpads, White Baker's Twine, Circle Framelit Dies, Itty Bitty Accents Punch (balloon necks), Remembering Your Birthday stamp set, Perfect Polkadots Embossing Folder & Glue Dots